BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Racism in 2009

Well, earlier this month (or rather in November) I was told that I could not get a hair cut because the salon didn't carry shampoo for African American women. Isn't that sad? That in 2009, their are people that believe there are certain shampoo companies that cater to certain ethnicities. How very ignorant. I wasn't as angry as I was shocked. My expectations of said salons was much higher and so as I move into my New Years and Resolutions and all that crap, I feel like America's New Years Resolution should be "to be more informed". I don't think-no wait- I KNOW that racism will never go away, but people can just try and be more informed about the ever-changing world around them. Very much not interested in the character of the woman who said this to me but most of all, I want people to be more informed. Or in other words, THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK. Geez.

0 comments: